HCMG630 Assignment: Healthy People 2020
Due Date: Day 7, Week 5
View the video that shows how to navigate to the various components of Health People 2020.
- Go to the Data2020 Search section of www.healthypeople.gov
- Focus on the two topic areas
- Access and
- Health Communication and Health Information Technology.
- For each of the above two areas, identify the objectives in which we are doing worse or where there is little to no change in these two areas. You can find this via the Mid-Course Review information and clicking on the .pdf file (see instructional video under weekly materials). What are some of the reasons as to why we might not be meeting the targets for these goals? Find at least two outside resources for each topic area (Access and Health Communication & Health Information Technology) that support your view.
- Based on the information in #2, select one objective from each area that is getting worse. Identify at least 2 concrete steps for each of the objectives you selected, that you, as a practitioner in your current or future profession, could take to help improve performance.
- Go back to the main Healthy People 2020 DATA Search page: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/data-search/
- Select a Topic Area of interest to you.
- Select one of the objectives: Provide a screen shot of the data
- Click on “View Data by Group”
- Provide at least three areas of concern where the data indicate that certain groups fell below the target for your selected objective. These could be by sex, race/ethnicity, age, income level, or other identified groupings.
- As a future healthcare administrator, what policy could you put into place to improve the performance on your selected objective?