CARD205: Week 7: Recorded Video Interview
Your practice with the Mock Interview Questions in the weekly lessons and the Week 6 discussion has prepared you for success with your recorded video interview.
Please follow the instructions below.
Week 7: Recorded Video Interview Assignment
- Access the Kaltura User Guide in Course Resources and Download Kaltura Capture.
- Find a degree-related job posting you are interested in (and qualified for) to use for this assignment.
- Create a video interview recording using Kaltura Capture to record responses to six interview questions, including the introductory question, two general questions you select, two behavioral questions you select, and then the final question. Your responses should be targeted to the position in the job ad and should include specific examples. Each response should take approximately 2 minutes.
#1 Introductory Question
Introduce yourself to the hiring manager. Share your professional brand message. Explain why you are interested in the position you chose for this assignment (be specific) and why you believe you are a strong fit. Share the value you will bring to this position and organization.
General Interview Questions (Select 2)
- What are your strengths?
- What areas are you working to improve?
- What motivates you to get the job done?
- Share how previous supervisors and colleagues would describe you.
- What do you see as the biggest challenge you would need to overcome in this position within your first 90 days?
- How would you rate your organizational skills?
- How do you respond to stressful situations?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why should we hire you?
Behavioral Interview Questions (Select 2)
- Describe a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
- Describe a time when you worked effectively under pressure.
- Tell me about a time when you persuaded a colleague to see things your way.
- Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a coworker.
- Describe a time when you were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- Describe a time when you were disappointed in your own behavior.
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.
- Tell me about a time when you were not able to complete a project on time.
- Describe a time when you set your sights too high.
- Describe a time when you delegated a project successfully.
#6 Final Question: After conducting research on the company for the position you chose, share one question you want to ask the hiring manager that you cannot find the answer to on their website or on LinkedIn.
You will need to dress appropriately for this recording as if you were really going to a professional interview.
Paste the shareable link to your Recorded Interview into Microsoft Word. Also submit a copy of the job ad pasted into a Microsoft Word document (the complete ad, not a screenshot or a link to the job posting) by the Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT deadline.
- Submit the shareable Recorded Interview link pasted into Microsoft Word and saved as: InterviewLinkLASTName.docx.
- Submit the Complete Job Ad for which you were interviewing and saved as: JobAdLASTname.docx.
Check to ensure that you have submitted a shareable link to your Recorded Interview video. Look for the Share icon* in the upper left of the video.
A shareable link will be in this format: https://lms.devry.edu/lms/video/player.html?video=1_xxxxxx.
The grading rubric for this assignment is below.
Note: As an alternative, Mock Interviews may be conducted via live WebEx in large or small groups. Follow your professor’s instructions as to how this may be conducted in this course.