DUE DATE ON SYLLABUS
- GENERAL PAPER GUIDELINES
- Papers must be typed and use appropriate formatting/headings. Footnotes and citations in the paper should follow APA, 6th ed. style. Be sure to follow the organization provided for you. Assignments are graded by sections/topic headings, if the material related to that section is not where it is supposed to be, you may not get credit for it. It is usually best to clearly label which part of the assignment you are discussing at any one particular point in the paper. Generally clear, effective writing, of which organization is a part, is more likely to lead to understanding and effective grading.
- Papers will be evaluated by how well you relate concepts and principles to the actual case. Thus, you should not merely regurgitate definitions, concepts, and principles. Rather you should reveal your understanding of them by applying them to your discussion of a particular situation. It should be clear how your recommendations follow from your analysis. Generally it is better to make many substantive points, rather than a few in-depth ones.
- Where appropriate, you should cite the sources of your ideas (e.g., lectures, text, readings, etc.).
- Unless otherwise specified, you should concentrate on communication issues in your answers.
- General issues covered in the syllabus apply to all papers/case studies. Points will be deducted if the paper is late and/or over the page limit.
- I expect a high degree of professionalism, due diligence, high quality and comprehensive analysis. All submitted materials should reflect a high degree of care. Sloppy papers that are not proofread or spell checked indicate a lack of professionalism and will be graded accordingly.
- SOURCE MATERIAL
This paper will focus on “Mni Case New” found in the files section of Canvas.
III. PAPER (5 pages, 200 points)
Overview: One of the essential skills needed by people interested in teams and leadership is the ability to apply academic concepts and principles to the often muddy world of ‘real’ life. The preceding source material represents a detailed description of ‘real’ life. You should analyze the source materials by means of all of the course readings and class sessions. I am primarily interested in how your academic knowledge informs your understanding of concrete situations. The paper, then, should provide an in-depth report of your explorations of this case in the light of course material.
SECTIONS AND POINT ALLOCATIONS:
- How might the operation of this multinational team impact Ramesh Patel’s decision making? How might a geocentric multinational approach work in this case? How might the findings of the Globe Project help in analyzing this case? (50 points).
- Analyze the case from the perspective of the dosage metaphor. What elements of the dosage metaphor does Ramesh need to consider in developing a plan – what would you recommend? How helpful is this metaphor in understanding leadership? (50 points)
III. What types of power does Ramesh have available? Which of Ramesh’s bases of power would lead to the best outcomes for this problem? (50 points)
- What traits and skills do you think Ramesh needs to possess to successfully implement the marketing campaign? (50 points)