I just need someone who can write cover letter. My B.S degree is Computer Information Systems.
Qualities of a good cover letter
- Addressed to a specific person.
- Research the hiring director or supervisor’s (if you can’t find the hiring director’s name) name and include it in your cover letter.
- Specifies position sought. If not any specifics are given, call the company and find out.
- Be formal.
- Gives specific details about qualifications and links those details to the needs of the company.
- Demonstrates knowledge of company and position.
- Refers to enclosed resume.
- “Enclosed you will fine…”
- Specifically requests an interview
- A good cover letter requests an interview. It lets the interviewer know your intentions.
- Let the perspective employer know you want the interview.
- Uses you-attitude
- From the reader’s perspective.
Types of Cover Letters
- Solicited Cover Letter
- When company is hiring
- First paragraph
- Indicate that you’re applying for the job.
- Indicate where you learned about the job; newspaper, tv, internet, friend (include specific name by permission and their position).
- Briefly introduce your qualifications and maintain the order in the body of the letter.
- 2 Middle paragraphs– details about what you mentioned in the first paragraph.
- Make a connection-how your qualification meets the need of the company.
- Highlight what separates you apart from other applicants.
- Last paragraph
- Specifically request an interview. Make it obvious.
- Indicate when you will be available for the interview not the job.
- If you are applying for a job that you are not currently residing.
- Last sentence
- A positive forward-looking statement.
- “I look forward to hearing from you soon.”