Assignment: Presentation/Peer Review
Distributed: Week 6, Day 1
Part 1: Powerpoint Presentation
Due: Week 7, Day 1
Two of your fellow classmates are thinking about joining your practice. They are somewhat anxious because they do not know much about your practice. You want to impress upon them the reasons why they should feel comfortable in joining you.
- You are to create a Powerpoint Presentation outlining the reasons why a physician should join your practice. The presentation should be dynamic and upbeat. Have fun creating it.
- The minimum number of slides is 14.
- Include speaker notes (script) for each slide in the presentation
- Using Kaltura, record your narrative for the presentation. Make sure to select screen and webcam so that you are visible in the presentation.
- When creating your slides, make sure to leave space for where your video will appear (typically in the lower right hand corner). You don’t want your video to cover up the information on the slides.
- Upload your presentation in two areas
- The Discussion Board: This is where your peers can view your presentation and two of them will critique it.
- The Assignment Section: This is where your instructor can view the presentation, grade it, and give feedback
- General Tips:
- Do NOT just read what is on your slides. You want to convince someone to join your practice, and just reading the slides is boring.
- Do NOT put too much text on one slide. The information on the slide should have bullet points, or some graphics that help clarify the points you are trying to make
- Do NOT use wild and crazy fonts or colors. They are distracting to your content.
- Make sure to view the Tips for Powerpoint Presentations link provided in the weekly materials in Week 6 and 7.
Part II: Peer Evaluation of Presentation
Points: 40 (20 for each peer evaluation)
Due: Week 7, Day 4
You are to critique two of your peer’s presentations. All presentations are to be uploaded in the Final Presentation Powerpoint discussion forum.
- Select two of your fellow classmate’s presentations on the Final Presentation Powerpoint Discussion Board.
- Using the following headings, discuss each area in full (comments like great job, or excellent PPT is not considered a full discussion). Each section is worth 2 points. Critiques should be written in a professional, honest, constructive and respectful manner
- Organization/narration of presentation
- Slide design and layout
- Connection to research (how?)
- Identify areas for expansion gaps of information or required more clarification. Include specifics. Include what you would want to know more about the practice before joining it, that was not covered in the presentation.
- Room for improvement
- Indicate the total points you assigned out of 10 points.
- Although not for point value, also provide the following information
- Provide one question that you would like to ask the student at the end of the presentation.
- Feedback: after viewing the PPT, did you feel there was an acquisition of knowledge from this presentation? What was your takeaway? Would you join this practice? Why or Why not?
- Provide your critique as a reply to the student in the discussion board including the points assigned.
- The points that you receive for performing the peer evaluations (total of 40) are based on how thoroughly you provide feedback to your fellow students.