Assignment: Topic Paper Outline
• Evaluate the merits of a variety of human resources' areas such as organizational development, succession and workforce planning, strategic staffing, diversity training, cultural change, and rewards and recognition redesign.
• Apply functional areas of human resources to resolve business and organizational issues, including global competitiveness.
• Describe HR disciplines and how they contribute to overall organizational effectiveness.
Using the Assignment Rubric listed below for the specific grading criteria, complete the following: Throughout the course, you have been tasked with selecting, researching, and writing a paper on the Human Resource Management (HRM) topic of your choice. You were encouraged to select a topic you found interesting or one that was relevant to your current or future career. It is generally more enjoyable and thus successful when you focus on research for a topic you personally find interesting and relevant to you. There are three assignments throughout the seven weeks to help you complete the course topic paper. They are:
• Step 1: Topic Proposal (Was due Week 2)
• Step 2: Topic Paper Outline (Due this week)
• Step 3: Topic Paper (Due Week 6)
For this week's assignment, in a word document, such as Microsoft Word, you will provide an outline of your Topic Paper using a full-sentence outline format. Here, you should demonstrate that progress has been made on the course project, and that your research is well underway.
Be sure to provide a list of references you have identified as useful (remember you will need to
have a minimum of five for the final paper). Your outline should follow all APA formatting guidelines (including title page and references) and should also demonstrate writing expected of college-level graduate students.
Submit your assignment via the left-hand navigation menu no later than Day 7, 11:59pm ET.